Friday, June 16, 2017

BOOK REVIEW!! Changing Places by Anne K. Edwards


A black cat named Whiskers encounters a snake that has lost his home when he goes outside to see the world.


We absolutely LOVED this story!

This is such a cute story about how things might not always be better elsewhere. Of course, that isn't quite what my 4 yr old got out of the story, but he did get several giggles and laughs out of it!

I think one of the best things about this story is how V could honestly relate to both the cat and the snake in one way or another. The snake "oh! My daddy would be so mad if he found a snake moving into our house!" And the cat "Is that what happened to our kitty? Did she go outside and get lost?" I loved how he interjected his own little tidbits the entire time I was reading to him "sometimes even cats shouldn't climb trees!" and "that lady got the snake with a broom!" He just really got into the story and the illustrations in this story.

I have to admit, the illustrations really pulled me in as well. These illustrations are amazingly well done and a perfect match to the storyline. V had to prod me along once because I stopped reading and was simply looking at all the cute details in the illustration! LOL I also really enjoyed the story because it is a very simple, but well done, version of the old saying "the grass isn't always greener on the other side". 

Overall - this is a fantastic story sure to be enjoyed by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment