Friday, December 23, 2016

Hmmm... Been A While...

So... What have you all been up to? I've been busy!! It is a good kinda busy though. It has been the kinda busy that keeps me moving, but lets me sit and relax when I needed to. I like this kind of busy - keeps me from getting bored.

I've opened a t-shirt business... it is small... for now :) but I'm having fun with it! Been making ALL kinds of shirts and have several to get made today actually! Everything from "Merry Christmas You Filthy Animal" to "Bluejay PRIDE" and I get new ideas sent to me just about daily. Certainly helps to keep my creative juices going!

 


I've also been working HARD on the 2nd book in the Nowhere series! I was hoping to have it ready to roll out by Christmas. Yeah, obviously that isn't going to happen :(  This book has really stumped me. Since I started the first book I always thought I had all three books laid out in my mind - not the details, but the big things. I thought all I had to do was connect the main scenes with the details in-between. And then...

I made it through the first two chapters and things started changing... I've wrote and rewrote chapters 3-6 at least three times because as I was writing, the storyline in my mind would start to evolve completely different from what I had typed even as I was typing it. It is amazing to me how these books really do seem to have a total life of their own, I'm just the machine they are using to tell their tale. And so, every time, I would "cut and paste" those already written chapters into another document and save them, then start all over with a new story running through my head.

I know there are lots of people disappointed that the 2nd book isn't out yet, and I completely feel your pain! I thought by now I'd be done with book three and on to the next series I've had rattling around in my brain. Sometimes things just don't workout how you hope - but I'm working on it, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment