Monday, July 28, 2014

An Actual Bookstore Shelf!


Saturday, on my birthday, I was tagged on Facebook in this image. I have to say - my heart did a little flip when I saw it. Pretty much the best birthday present an "author" could ask for.

I put author in quotes because, I admit, I don't really feel like an author. I've questioned myself repeatedly on when can I honestly say that I am an author.

How many ebooks do I need to sell?

How many paperbacks?

Do I need to find a publisher so I can say that I'm an author?

Can I say that I am an author at any point when I'm self-publishing?

I still don't have the answers to these questions. I've even Googled it and I still don't know (and some of those articles are MEAN about self-published writers!).

So, for now, I'll just keep using "author" in quotes until I feel that I have earned the title.

Right now, I think that might be a while.

2 comments:

  1. You've published, people have purchased... STOP putting author in quotes! You HAVE arrived. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thank you! You do know how to make a girl feel good!

      Delete