Thursday, August 7, 2014

Reviews... Just How Important Are They?


I've been doing some research again on this whole "self-publishing" adventure I'm on. One of the things I've had a hard time with is reviews. I read one article that says "Reviews are not that important. Too many reviews are bought and paid for, so you can't trust any of them." and then I read another that says "People base purchases on reviews. There is no way around it."

Personally, I agree with the later statement. I base the majority of my purchases on reviews - especially when it comes to books. Now, that isn't to say that I won't buy a book if it has no reviews, but if it does have reviews I am going to check them out before I purchase.

I'm curious about everyone else's thoughts on the subject. How much do reviews effect your book purchasing habits?

No comments:

Post a Comment